Click Here for Summer Art Adventure & Pre-College Summer Portfolio Policies, Terms and Conditions
- The Art League reserves the right to change its calendar, withdraw or modify courses or substitute instructors when necessary. The Art League reserves the right to require the withdrawal of any student whose behavior is disruptive to the class group. Standards of good behavior are expected. Children under 16 may not attend adult classes. No visitors allowed in class. All students must be registered. No substitutes may be sent to class.
- No Notification of Class Acceptance Will Be Sent: Students will be notified in the event of class cancellation or schedule change. Full tuition due at registration time. No registration can be held without full payment.
- Please be advised class credits and gift certificates cannot be redeemed online. If you wish to apply a class credit or gift certificate towards your registration, please contact the registration desk to submit your registration.
- Classes not held due to bad weather or instructor’s absence will be made up unless a substitute teacher is available for class to meet. Students who miss classes by their own decision, will not receive a refund or make-up.
- If the bank returns a check for insufficient funds, there will be a $20 charge.
- Financial assistance scholarships for children and adults are available. Send a written application (available for download at www.artleagueli.net/node/1255) to our office explaining your financial situation and class of interest; all requests subject to approval. Send requests to the office, Attn.: Program Manager/Scholarship Request.
High School and College Credit:
- Students have received high school and college credit with work done in Art League classes by making arrangements with an advisor at their home institution prior to first class. Art teachers must receive in-service credit through arrangements with their district prior to first class.
- The Art League will close for snow when Half Hollow Hills School District is closed. Listen to WGSM (740 AM), Walk 97.5 or WBAB (1440AM,102.3FM) for Huntington school announcements. Also check www. artleagueli.org. For weekend classes, discuss cancellation policy with instructor. We recommend a phone call system within each class.
- It is the responsibility of a child’s parent or guardian to inform the Art League, prior to the first class, of any allergies (e.g. peanuts) that would be of concern.
REFUNDS & CREDITS
- Please check your calendar before registering.
- No refunds will be issued.
- A full refund will be issued only if the class is cancelled by the Art League. If payment was made using a class credit, the class credit will be reissued.
- Non-refundable processing fee of $30 is included in the tuition. Processing fee applies to each class series.
Class Credit Certificates:
- Class credit, less $30 processing fee for each class series, will be issued if a student withdraws from class 2 weeks prior to start date of class.
- Certificate of credit must be used within one year.
- To redeem, students must present certificate at time of registration.
- The Art League is not responsible for lost certificates.
Transferring to Another Class:
- A $10.00 fee will be charged.
- Transfer applies only 3 business days before second class meets.
- Transfer applies only to current semester.
Policies, Terms and Conditions: Summer Art Adventure & Pre-College Summer Portfolio
- Art League students and parents should be aware we document classes and student work. These photographs may be used for the catalog, promotion and advertising purposes.
- Students ages 16 & up may attend adult classes. Children under 16 may not attend adult classes.
- A limited number of gas firings are scheduled each semester. Clay work left in the studio at end of semester will be removed 1 week before the start of the next semester. The Art League is NOT responsible for clay work after this date.
- Computer courses are limited to 6 students, so that each one receives individual hands-on instruction. Our lab is equipped with Macintosh computers, a scanner and printer.
- A parent or guardian must escort children to and from the classroom.
Summer Art Adventure 2017
Policies, Terms and Conditions
Discounts will be reviewed by the Art League of Long Island to ensure rates have been correctly applied. As a registrant I understand if, upon review, it is determined that the correct discounts have not been applied, all charges will be adjusted to reflect the applicable rate.
For Early Childhood, Young Artist, and Mature Artist Registrations: No refunds after May 13. Before this date, a $50 non-refundable deposit per child will be retained per session.
For Pre-College Portfolio Registrations: Pre-Registration for the Summer Pre-College programs requires a non-refundable deposit of $100 during the Spring term Jan. 2- April 30. Full tuition due upon registration as of May 1. Withdrawal and refund policy: Before June 1, full refund of tuition minus the non-refundable deposit. Between June 1 and July 3, 50% tuition refund minus the non-refundable deposit. No refunds as of July 4.
Students will be notified in the event of a class cancellation. Children are expected to be able to work within the structure of the program and follow directions given. If a child must be removed due to behavior issues, a refund will not be granted. No make-ups or substitutions.
A $10 transfer fee will be charged per child, per session for the transfer of a student between sessions. A minimum of two weeks notice is required.
In order to inform the community about our educational programs, photos of your child may be included in stories and advertisements published in local newspapers and the website.
If you would like your child to be placed with his/her friend, please include the name of your child and that of his/her friend in the “order comments” section upon check-out. The Art League will make every effort to meet your request of placement if possible.